Would you like to learn how to bake professional, bakery style cakes and treats at home? With these posts I’ll show you how to use my bakery recipes, baking techniques and secret ingredients to wow your guests. These tricks and methods that I used for over a decade at Amycakes Bakery can be easily incorporated in your home kitchen.
I want to dispel the myth that baking is hard or out of reach. The methods that I use are sometimes unconventional and would perhaps be frowned upon by trained pastry chefs! I believe there is really no right or wrong way to bake. What matters at the end of the day is that you are happy with the finished product. ❤️ Some of my recipes are more complicated than others, and some of them are super simple and speedy. All of them can be baked to perfection by YOU by following these recommendations.
- Cake Cutting Guide: The Easiest Way to Cut a Round CakeCake cutting is a serious business. If you aren’t prepared, it can be stressful and messy. Not to mention (no pressure), if you are the lucky person tasked with cutting a wedding cake, there are usually dozens of hungry guests waiting in front of the cake table as you frantically cut the cake. I’ve cut […]
- Seven Secrets to Baking Incredibly Moist Cakes Every TimeLet’s talk about cake. When you think of a delicious made-from-scratch cake, it should be dense and yet soft, with a moist, tender crumb. A cake baked from scratch usually has a much different texture than a grocery store cake or a cake mix cake (which is more light and airy and typically not as […]
- Instant Clearjel: A Magical Bakery IngredientHello, lovely bakers! I have a sweet treat for you. It’s a secret ingredient that just might change the way you bake forever. Whether you’re just beginning to explore your kitchen, or you’ve been baking for decades, Instant Clearjel will be a game-changing ingredient in your baking. It has a few different aliases: ‘Clear Jel’, […]
- Half-Batches and Cake Pans: Everything you Need to KnowWhether you are feeding a crowd or you just want a little sweet treat for the family, my secret bakery cake recipes from Amycakes Bakery now have two batch sizes to choose from! Keep reading to see how to halve my cake recipes to make a small-batch version (the recipe will do the work for […]
- How to Bake and Layer Cakes Like a Pro: 5 Easy StepsThe process of layering cakes can be tricky and intimidating, but with a little practice, you’ll be stacking cakes like a professional baker! All you need is a sheet pan and a round cookie cutter or cake ring, then you can choose the size of your layer cake after you bake it! That’s how we cut and […]