This delightful Peach Crumble Pie recipe balances the sweetness of ripe peaches with a hint of spice and a buttery, crumbly topping. It's the perfect way to celebrate the flavors of the season, whether you're hosting a summer barbecue or looking for the perfect finish to a cozy winter meal.
This recipe captures the essence of perfectly ripe peaches, thickened with instant clearjel for a mess-free, deliciously tender result. It's topped with a delicious oat and brown sugar crumble.
Never Miss a Recipe!
I'm sharing my tried-and-true Amycakes Bakery recipes! Sign up to be the first to know about my favorite recipes, baking tips, and bakery secrets!
Why You'll Love This Easy Peach Crumble Pie
- The peach pie filling tastes homemade and comforting. It has a delicious natural peach flavor that is perfect for peach lovers!
- It's a perfect blend of sweet with a hint of salty from the buttery crumb topping.
- It's a great recipe for special occasions because you can prepare each component in advance! Prepare the pie crust, crumble, and peach filling a day or two ahead of time. Then the day you plan to serve it, all you have to do is assemble the pie and bake!
🎥 Quick Recipe Video
Thank you OliveNation for sponsoring this video! You can find my favorite OliveNation ingredients through this link, and use the code AB20 for 20% off (affiliate coupon code, thank you for your support).
🎥 I hope you enjoy the video above (you may have to hit "play" twice on mobile devices). You can also view all my bakery recipe videos and tips on the following channels:
Peach Crumble Pie
- 1 unbaked prepared 9" bottom pie crust (I use my easy Egg and Vinegar Pie Crust)
Peach Filling Thickener Ingredients
- 150 grams (¾ cup) sugar
- ¼ cup instant clearjel (*Please make sure it is Instant!)
Remaining Peach Filling Ingredients
Crust and Crumble Topping
- 100 grams (¾ cups) all-purpose flour
- 67 grams (¾ cups) Old-Fashioned Oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 113 grams (½ cup) packed Light Brown Sugar
- ¾ sticks (3 ounces) softened salted butter (soft to the touch)
Blind Bake the Pie Crust
- In a 350 degree oven, blind bake (partially bake) the single 9" pie crust until it is mostly baked. I recommend placing a layer of parchment paper, then filling the unbaked pie with Ceramic Pie Weights to keep the crust from shrinking--I detail this method in my Pie Crust Recipe. Cover the edge rim of the pie with a pie shield after the first 5 minutes of baking to avoid a dark crust. Blind baking with pie weights usually takes about 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven for a homemade crust, but will vary depending on the thickness of your crust. Remove the pie weights and allow the crust to completely cool.
Make the Peach Pie Filling
- Whisk the thickener ingredients of sugar and Instant Clearjel* together in a small bowl. Set aside. *Please make sure the Instant Clearjel is labeled as INSTANT.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large nonstick pan. Stir then cook the peaches mixture on medium-high heat, covered, until the peaches are soft but still have a light bite to them and the liquid begins to simmer. It usually takes frozen peach slices about 20 minutes to thaw and cook until tender--I test this by trying to cut a peach slice with a heavy-duty spatula.
- Remove from heat and quickly but gradually (a little at a time) stir in the Instant Clearjel/Sugar mixture and stir it in quickly until it dissolves. The peach filling will thicken immediately, and continue to thicken as it cools. Allow it to cool completely.
Prepare the Crumble Topping
- Whisk the flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and brown sugar together. Using a pie cutter or your hands, blend the softened butter into the crumble until a crumbly topping is made. Continue to mix in the butter until it is a soft dough, then use your hands to break apart and create crumbs from the softened crumb dough.
Assemble and Bake the Peach Crumble Pie
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the cooled peach filling into the blind-baked pie crust. Top it will the crumble topping. Do not pack down the crumble, as it will harden as it bakes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until the peach crumb topping is golden brown, and the peach filling is bubbling along the edges. Enjoy!